In inflammation of the prostate, an inflammatory process occurs in the region of the prostate gland. It is one of the most common urological diseases. The causes of prostatitis in men are varied.
What is prostatitis?
The disease is accompanied by a violation of urination. Quite often a person feels that the bladder is not completely emptied.
The main causes of acute bacterial prostatitis are the following infections:
- transmitted during intimacy (ureaplasmosis, chlamydia);
- they penetrate the urethra from the rectal area (Klebsiella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection).
If the prostate gland becomes inflamed, the man’s emotional state can deteriorate quickly. In this case, libido fades.
Deterioration of the nervous system is characterized by the following symptoms:
- deterioration of mood;
- sleep disorders;
- increased irritability.
Where do prostatitis in patients come from?
It is worth explaining what causes acute or chronic prostatitis in men. The following main factors increase the likelihood of developing the disease:
- promiscuous sexual intercourse;
- non-compliance with the basic rules of personal hygiene;
- backflow of urine into the bladder area;
- strong emotional shock;
- stagnation of blood in the pool area.
Causes of the disease
Acquired causes of prostatitis include:
- narrowing of the urethra. It leads to a deterioration in the outflow of urine and an increase in urethral pressure;
- perineal injury, which triggered a chronic inflammatory process;
- stones in the prostate;
- hard physical work;
- the presence of a chronic inflammatory process in which the vessels of the prostate are involved.
Acute and chronic infectious pathologies
The inflammatory process in the prostate may be the result of another disease. These pathologies include gonorrhea and urethritis. The following diseases can also cause the disease:
- not fully treated caries;
In the focus of an acute or chronic infection, the root cause of the disease must first be eliminated: the activity of the infectious agent must be neutralized.
Congestive (congestive) prostatitis is often accompanied by testicular tissue damage. With this pathology a violation of spermatogenesis occurs, the process of sex hormone synthesis is slowed down. Erectile dysfunction is common in congestive prostatitis.
The risk of chronic congestive prostatitis is increased by:
- low physical activity;
- weakness of the pelvic floor muscles;
- prolonged abstinence from intimacy;
- interrupted sexual intercourse as a way to prevent unwanted pregnancies;
- frequent constipation;
- the presence of cancer;
- decreased vascular tone;
- the appearance of complications after surgical intervention of the pelvic organs;
- varicose veins of the pelvic veins.
Treatment of congestive prostatitis involves the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These medications eliminate discomfort, reduce tissue swelling.
Optional antiplatelet agents are used. These drugs improve the blood clotting process.
In case of congestive prostatitis, the introduction of sulphated mucopolysaccharide by injection and the use of nicotinic acid are recommended.
Venotonics help increase the strength of venous walls. Drugs that belong to the group of alpha-blockers improve the flow of urine. In some situations, immunomodulators, muscle relaxants, and sedatives are used to treat prostate congestion.
An inactive lifestyle provokes the occurrence of stagnant processes in the tissues of the prostate. Due to passive pastime, the functioning of the nervous system and the endocrine system deteriorates. Under unfavorable environmental conditions, the risk of developing prostatitis increases.
In case of prolonged abstinence, stagnation of semen is observed. Pathogenic microorganisms can multiply in it, causing an inflammatory process in the prostate.
With prolonged abstinence, sexual desire fades. Low sexual activity can also cause impotence.
At low temperatures, the corresponding blood vessels constrict. In this case, the blood supply to the prostate is disrupted, leading to a deterioration in the body's nutrition.
To avoid hypothermia, you should follow simple recommendations:
- it is recommended to wear appropriate clothing for the season;
- long stays in the wind in the immediate vicinity of the air conditioner should be avoided.
Causes of prostatitis in men after 40 years
Inflammation of the prostate in young men is caused by:
- congestion in the pool area;
- presence of latent infectious diseases (chlamydia, trichomoniasis). With such pathologies, a slow inflammatory process occurs in the tissues of the prostate gland.
Causes of prostatitis in patients over 55 years of age
The disease can occur after 55 years due to the following factors:
- androgen deficiency;
- the presence of atrophy of the pelvic floor muscles;
- weakened immunity due to chronic infections;
- slowing of blood flow;
- extinction of sexual function;
- weakening of sphincters in the bladder region.
One of the causes of prostatitis is the predominance of the patient. The extra pounds create increased pressure in the area of the venous pelvis.
Other causes of the disease
According to a psychosomatic expert (Louise Hay), a man’s health depends on a stronger non-psychic condition. According to this theory, the causes of prostatitis can be:
- a feeling that you cannot control the main events of your life;
- internal experiences due to sexual failure;
- guilt towards the partner.
Pathology is often diagnosed in elderly men who experience uncertainty in their abilities.
To prevent the development of prostatitis, you need to learn to think positively at this stage of your life. A man should not focus on what is depressing.
Where does prostatitis hurt in men?
It is worth explaining where it hurts in advanced prostatitis. As the disease progresses, there is pain in the following parts of the body:
- the region of the anus.
The pain of prostatitis in men depends on the following factors:
- stages of the disease;
- localization of inflammatory focus.
Prolonged course of prostatitis can cause pain in the glands and bladders.
Pain in the legs
It is worth knowing what the main symptoms of prostatitis are, what hurts. When the prostate gland becomes inflamed, the blood circulation is disrupted. This can cause pain in the lower extremities.
In some cases, bacterial prostatitis develops reactive arthritis. In this case, the pain does not occur in the muscles but in the area of the bone tissue or joints.
Unpleasant feeling in the testicles
One of the symptoms of the disease is pain in the perineum. It can spread to the penis, vulva, testicles. An unpleasant sensation occurs in the testes and inguinal folds when the seminal vesicles are affected.
In the presence of a purulent process, shoot-like discomfort can be observed in the testicles and prostate. In this case, the course of the disease is complicated by violation of the urination process, severe weakness, fever.
Unpleasant feeling in the anus
The main cause of anus pain is that the prostate is located next to the rectum. However, the unpleasant feelings are shooter in nature. Discomfort is exacerbated by defecation.
The pain associated with prostatitis can be accompanied by constipation and bloating.
Pain in the coccyx
Tail pain is a symptom of the disease. The discomfort is often accompanied by a feeling of the presence of a foreign body in the anus. Similar symptoms indicate a violation of body functions in chronic prostatitis.
As the disease progresses, the volume of glandular tissue in the organ increases. Abdominal pain is often acute. In this case, the inflammatory process covered the bladder and rectum.
After treatment, the swelling disappears. The size of the prostate is reduced. As a result, the pain in the lower abdomen is less pronounced.
Localization of pain
If you feel pain, you should have a full medical examination. A similar localization of pain is observed in diseases of the rectum and prostate cancer.
Medications for pain relief
An analgesic and antipyretic from the pyrazolone group are used to eliminate discomfort. The tool helps relieve pain and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has anesthetic properties. The tool helps to relax the smooth muscles. The drug has a calming effect on the nervous system. NSAIDs belonging to the class of sulfonanilides have pronounced anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Effective folk remedies also help reduce pain:
- Infusion of burdock.Pour 10 grams of pre-crushed plant roots with 200 ml of water. Cook the product on low heat for 10 minutes. The broth is then infused for 30 minutes. Take 100 ml twice a day. The decoction is consumed 30 minutes before a meal. The average duration of the course is determined individually.
- Pumpkin seeds.Eat 1 tablespoon of vegetable seeds twice a day. Pumpkin seeds should be eaten 60 minutes before eating. The average duration of the course varies between two and three months. Pumpkin seeds are characterized by pronounced antiseptic properties.
You should consult a urologist before using painkillers. Appropriate agents can cause side effects.
Prostatitis, the psychosomatics of which are quite complex, can be prevented. This requires: moderate physical activity, a balanced diet, giving up bad habits, regular sexual intercourse.